Living in Hunters Creek is a choice that thousands of people have made and they love it!
However, when you live in any home you naturally wish to do some remodeling work from time to time to update your property either for your own use or to prepare your property for sale.
However these days with current market conditions, you have to make sure that you select carefully what remodeling projects you wish to undertake so that you get the best bang for your buck and can recoup as much as possible from the project when you sell your home.
In fact, 2011 has been a great year for remodeling your home with the first five months of the year have seen impressive gains in remodeling projects with May 2011 being a record setting month. But that said, if you are about to start a remodeling project in Hunters Creek and want to know what will give you the best return on your investment then read on!
Top Remodeling Projects that yield the best return for the smallest outlay:
1. Garage Doors – Surprisingly, a relatively cheap upgrade is something which has a big impression. In short, this helps with curb appeal.
2. New Entrance Door – Again, this is relatively affordable to do and has a big impact on the look of your home from the street.
3. Outdoor Space – Adding a deck, revamping your patio etc are great ways to add usable space to your home in the most affordable way. We wrote a an article recently about improving your outdoor space to help your home sell – read it here!
4. Kitchen – Minor kitchen remodeling projects can be more expensive than others, but they can have a huge impact. If you select areas to focus on that will update the look and feel of your kitchen those are the right places to put money. Granite counter tops, stainless appliances and fixtures are all the rage and will help with your homes look inside and ultimately will help you when it comes time to sell.
5. Bathroom – A clean, functional white suite in a bathroom is classic, timeless and what buyers want. Time and time again bathrooms are way up there in remodeling projects, for good reason. Buyers want a clean, easy to maintain bathroom. Yes a project in here can be pricy but if you do it right, the impact can be powerful.
When it comes to kitchens and bathrooms if you leave areas that are tired or look worn out, buyers will notice and sometimes automatically assume that the entire room needs thousands of dollars spent on it replacing everything. By performing minor cosmetic changes you can avoid this feeling and give your kitchens and bathrooms a fresh look.
Don’t forget, if you are going to undertake a home remodeling project to ensure that you use a licensed contractor and get the required permits before you start work!
If you are looking to sell your home in Hunters Creek or are a buyer who is looking for a perfect home in Hunters Creek then contact us today for professional real estate assistance.