Get ready for this year’s annual garage sale to be held May 7 2011 from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Spring time is always a great time go throughout your home and get rid of those unwanted items taking up space in your garage and house. To have your home show up on the map of home’s having a garage sale; please call 407-240-6000 to register. There is a $5.00 fee for this registration and all proceeds will be donated to local schools and charity groups. Deadline for the registration is May 4th 2011.
This yearly event is being sponsored by the Hunters Creek Women’s Association which is a local group that does wonderful work here in the Hunters Creek community.
Here are a few tips for a successful garage sale.
- 1. Have plenty of change available. Mostly Single dollars and coins.
- 2. Price everything in advance. If you don’t, bargain hunters will take advantage of your lack of pricing.
- 3. Place items at the end of the driveway and on tables if possible.
- 4. Be ready to negotiate. If you have someone interested and they feel the price is too high, ask them what they are willing to pay and negotiate from there.
- 5. Give the buyers space to look and if they seem interested then be available answer questions.
- 6. For electrical devices, have a power cord available to plug the item in and show that it works.
- 7. Don’t be afraid to say no to a low price offered. Often you are just being tested on price and the buyer would be willing to accept at your price.
At the end of the day hopefully you are able to clear out a little clutter and have some extra cash in your pocket. A garage sale is an excellent way to get your spring cleaning kicked off and in gear.