Boost curb appeal, make a quicker and more lucrative sale. Sure, that sounds over-simplified but it does go to prove a point. That is, curb appeal does do a whole lot to sell a home. In fact, it’s one of the most effective marketing strategies home sellers can use. And, with today’s technological environment, the exterior presentation is more important than ever before. So, as a seller, you’ve got to boost the curb appeal to appeal to buyers.
Why Curb Appeal is so Very Important
You might wonder if curb appeal really, truly is all that important. Well, it is and there are a few of well-known industry statistics which prove it. Did you know that about 90 percent of all home searches begin online? It’s easy to imagine because we live in a digital internet-centric world. And, since this is the case, it means you’ve got to pique potential buyer’s interest with exterior photos.
“There are dozens of small, inexpensive home improvements that you can do to up your home’s curb appeal. Adding curb appeal to your house not only makes it easier to sell, but it also gives your house that nice and finished look in which you can take pride in. When deciding on which upgrades to make to your house, consider what your house currently looks like and what will look best with it.” —DIY Network
Here’s another two statistics which further prove curb appeal is a gigantic part of the selling process. It only takes between 7 and 10 seconds for people to form an impression of a house. Whether they see it in-person while driving by or see it when searching online, you only have 7 and 10 seconds to make a good impression. What’s more, only 1 in 10 people have the ability to imagine a house in another way than they see it. So, if it doesn’t wow, just 1 out of every 10 people can actually see the potential. The other 90 percent can’t and that’s bad news.
5 Inexpensive Ways to Boost Curb Appeal Sellers can Use
So, how do you boost curb appeal without breaking the bank? Well, it’s actually not all that difficult. It will require a little effort, a bit of creativity, and some elbow grease, but it won’t cost much to improve the curb appeal. Here are five effective yet inexpensive ways to boost curb appeal to sell a home:
- Pressure wash the exterior. Whether you have a power washer stored in the garage, rent one, or borrow one from a friend, this is a great place to begin. You’ll probably be quite surprised by how much a good but simple pressure washing does for a house.
- Add mulch and colorful plants. With the grass freshly cut and the exterior power washed, it’s time to add some mulch and colorful plants. Choose plants which can take the heat and spread mulch in strategic places, like around the mailbox and trees.
- Paint the front door and outside trim. A fresh coat of paint goes a long way when it comes to reviving the front door. Take it a step further and paint the trim to make it really pop.
- Put some friendly seating right out front. A house should feel like a welcome place. And, nothing feel more welcoming than comfortable seating right out in front of the house.
- Install some strategic outdoor lighting, too. To make a bigger impression, use lighting to your advantage. Outdoor lighting adds a whole lot of character and charm. Plus, it adds much-needed function, as well.
If you are considering selling a house in Orlando’s Hunter’s Creek, or another community, contact us for the latest market information. We are local and experienced in all facets of residential real estate, here to help you, when you need it.